Join our Team!
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Hybrid Remote [Home Office must be in the Baltimore metro area]
Reports to: Chief Development & Communications Officer (CDCO)
Direct Reports: None
About LETS GO Boys and Girls, Inc.
LETS GO Boys and Girls (LETS GO) is a nonprofit organization committed to breaking the cycle of poverty through STEM education and workforce development. We hold firm the belief that our students of today are the technology leaders of tomorrow. In partnership with Title I K-12 schools and youth organizations, we build equitable, relevant, and engaging programs that prepare historically underrepresented groups of students for the STEM-powered workforce. At the center of all our decisions and actions are our core values: compassion, equity, collaboration, results-driven, courage to change and integrity. For more information about LETS GO, please visit https://www.letsgoboysandgirls.org
We are seeking a full-time Development Associate to join our development team and work specifically in the Baltimore region to submit grants and build our individual and donor base.
• Researching and sourcing applicable grants
• Preparing materials, editing, and submitting grants
• Collaborate with the CDCO and Regional Director(s)
• Assist in development of organizational system to support grant writing and submission
• Use SalesForce or other CRM system to track grant deadlines and reporting requirements
• Research and maintain donor portfolio of 75 major gifts prospects
• Prepare private and public acknowledgements to steward donors
• Provide monthly reports that outline funding secured
• Collaborate with other team members on fundraising activities as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities and competing tasks in a fast-paced environment. The work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, proof-reading, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
• A demonstrated ability to set goals, prepare action plans, and achieve results is necessary.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Must be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner and be able to communicate effectively, orally and through written documentation, with people at all levels in an organization to establish personal and Organization credibility. The ability to demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy is required.
• Computer use is required and proficiency in a variety of computer software applications including advanced MS Office skills and literature reference management is required.
• Success in this role and opportunities to progress are determined by the ability to achieve and exceed profit and organizational goals set by management, and the ability to maintain a mature problem-solving attitude in dealing with interpersonal conflicts with customers and team members.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Undergraduate Degree required. In lieu of degree, relevant experience will be considered
• Previous grant-writing and fundraising experience required
• Communications and Marketing experience preferred
• Mastery of MS Office Suite is required
• SalesForce experience a plus
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated fundraising individual who is looking for a well-rounded development position and mentoring by a seasoned development professional. Salary range is $50-$55,000, commensurate with candidate experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications Deadline: September 30th, 2023
LETS GO is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Development Associate’ as the subject line. Your cover letter should express your specific interest in and qualifications for this role.
No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position. Learn more about LET’S GO Boys and Girls at www.letsgoboysandgirls.org.